Sunday, March 4, 2012

Welcome Cake Maniacs!

Hello fellow Cake Maniacs!

I would use the phrase cake 'lover' or 'enthusiast' but I think cake maniac is an apt description for what I've become.

At the point where your work colleagues and family tell you that they both love you and hate you at the same time (''amazing cakes and what a wonderful idea and oh isnt it lovely how that gooey bit in the middle is such a surprise and all the chocolate mmmmm.....'' accompanied by ''are you trying to make me fat? I really shouldn't. Are you working for a slimming club trying to 'create' new recruits?!'') this is when you realise you have actually entered into another realm and have become a cake maniac. That and the point in time where you find yourself waking in the night with the new idea of baking your favourite quality street/roses chocolate (the big purple one) inside a cake, then you cant get back to sleep as you are excitedly thinking about how to make this new fantastical idea a reality.

This blog is here for the cake lover through to the fully blown cake maniac. The purpose is to document my cake experiments, which I normally carry out weekly, in search of the perfect cake. Of course, what makes a perfect cake is different from one person to the next so my quest is never ending! (Hurrah!) The purpose of the blog is also to give my facebook friends a break from my weekly cake photos. OK, so mainly those facebook friends who are on diets and do not wish to see such mouthwateringly gooey delights on a weekly basis!

Yours truly

Captain EggCupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment